Keep these charts on the wall. They will keep the markets in perspective.
Also, keep these recent facts in the back of your mind. They will let you know governments perspective:
– The NSA’s Utah data center is almost complete. Soon the govt can intercept all your phone calls, emails, and tweets sent across the Internet.
– The Marketplace Fairness Act will be passing in the Senate soon. It will create additional sales taxes on US-based Internet transactions. Once again, taking money out of your pocket.
– Cyprus’ govt just passed final bail-in measures that will officially authorize the direct confiscation of about 75% of people’s savings in that country’s banking system.
– The Bank of Japan is doubling down on their already unprecedented money printing operations. It will be several times larger than our own Central Banks money printing operations.
– Speaking of our Dept of Currency Devaluation, the US Federal Reserve just announced that they will maintain their Quantitative Easing program, which dilutes the existing money supply by more than $1 trillion annually.
– At $16.83 trillion, the US federal debt is at a record high and set to breach $17 trillion early this summer, and the biggest contributor to our debt, healthcare spending, is set to go into overdrive with Obamacare.
– Last, but certainly not least, just to make sure you stay dependent on the Social Security Ponzi Scheme, President Obama proposed to cap the tax deferral benefit on Individual Retirement Accounts. I’m sure CONgress will have the same caps on their retirement plans – NOT!